Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On a mission to find the perfect outfit!

Even Fashion Stylist have trouble finding  the perfect clothes... for themselves! Though my personal style is more " HOBO CHIC" -casual with a bit of flare -I try and stay true to my love of vintage and recycling. I'm not a perfect 6 and being only 5 Ft tall doesn't help the situation. Here's one very good reason to shop thrift stores. ! I hate going to buy  a  brand new  pair of pants only to have to chop off the bottoms. What a waste of money!!!  If I shop at the thrift -cutting and  hemming them  doesn't bother me as much. I saved so much  money on a great pair of pants  You can't loose when you shop thrift! All this week I'll be documenting my personal shopping for Spring!! Its that time - I need to update my summer wardrobe -  white anything, striped shirts, light pink and mauve, the perfect summer dress, some cool sandals and of course -the awesome  beach hat are all in my sights! If I find something for you... I'll be sure to photograph it so that anyone who sees what they like  can go down to the store I found it at and  snatch it up!

Remember -Tips for Thrift Store Shopping -
Introduce yourself to a staff member or even the manager. Let them know what your looking for. If you have something specific in mind, they can help locate it easier. They also have access to the belly of the store -shipping and receiving. you'd be surprised of all the cool stuff they just have hanging in the back. Until there's room on the store floor -these great clothes just have to wait their turn. I'm lucky -I have backroom access !!!
Find a store that has a good floor layout -some thrifts are too hard to shop even for a thrift store champion. If the floor layout is messy, you'll just get frustrated trying to work your way through the maze. It's not fun to shop this way and you will miss a great find. 

Keep an open mind that you might walk out the door with more than you came shopping for. You just might need a pair of jeans but if you find a great leather jacket for dirt cheap or some great riding boots, buy them!!! You 'll be saving money no matter what..... its about the finding treasures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment