Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thrift store tips!

I  started my first week of having interns at the studio! Hard work keeping up with young ladies who aspire to have careers in the fashion industry. Their energy and excitement only fuels my fire! They both have shopped  at thrift stores before since they both enjoy redesigning clothes. Yesterday's adventure was a different experience for them. I let each intern select some dresses and ready to wear clothes that I would consider for the mychicthrift boutique. As I went through each garment they selected, I explained  basic thrift store law!
1) Find a used garment that looks new!  - Though one man's trash  is another man's treasure -old clothes are old clothes.
2) Check zippers, buttons, hems,look for spots! - people usually give away nice stuff because it doesn't fit anymore  or something is wrong with it.
3) Try on the clothes - things have been shrunk after several wears so it may say its a  large but might be a medium now.
4) Start off on the sale racks! Thrift stores have great sales too! I always find a great piece that just wasn't noticed by anyone. If the item in on the 75% track -it means they will move it to another store location to see if it will sell there.
5) Lastly, before you start shopping -ask if they have any in store coupons for the day. Yes, thrift stores have coupon days too!

1 comment:

  1. Go Rosy! Interns! You have so much wisdom to impart. I am thrilled for you, your business is really blossoming. If you ever need a "cocktail" stylist, you let me know, I want to apply for the position. XOXOXOXO Much Love, Chica!

    ReplyDelete